UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Can you claim Asylum from Pakistan to enter UK with family

Customer Question

can a person who is in fear of there life and there wife and mother and seven month old son Claim Asylum from pakistan  to enter the UK. The family are in constant fear and threatened all the time. This persons younger brother was shot dead last Ramadam In front of his brother. Since then the family live in fear. The family have nothing and are so scared. The brother who was shot was the main provider, as my friend/brother was caring full time for his disabled daughter. Sadly she dies a couple of month's after his brother was shot. But the person who shot his brother have 7 brothers and a huge network of people.they are some sort of drug gangster. they constantly go round to his home and but fear in his mother and wife and threaten to kill all of them. Please can you advice me. My friend is a wonderful person whom adored his daughter I used to see her a lot on cam. He is a friend of my husband, although my husband looks up on him as a younger brother. I really hope you can help. I am so worried for them all.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. I am willing to wait, but hope it wont take too long. How long do you anticipate it may take?

Things are getting worse for my friend/brother. I fear if anything happens to him like his brother, What will happen to his family, they have no one. Only us.

Kind Regards

Ann Marie

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
Are they not able to relocate to another part of Pakistan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No they cant. Like I said the person who shot his brother has a wide connection in Pakistan. So what can he do. The family only have us. I thought maybe the UK could help them to relocate here. By seeking Asylum from Pakistan to UK

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The only time the UK will be able to assist would be if they managed to come to the UK and claimed asylum upon entry to the UK. Only once they have arrived to the UK will the government be able to assess their situation and then make a decision on whether to grant them asylum or not.
They will need to submit or bring with them evidence of why they are unable to relocate, the threat they have received, why they are unable to get help from the police, evidence that they have tired to get help from the police. Evidence of the gangs connection countrywide, need to show evidence in news papers, police FIR etc. All the evidence would need to be considered by the home office and then a decision will be made.
The fact is that the home office has strict guidelines regarding granting asylum to applicant and unless there is an extreme circumstance ie a war in the country the home office is unlikely to grant asylum.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How would they manage to get a visa for the UK. What type? Why cant they approach the UK embassy in Pakistan. They have all evidence the shooting was in the Paper. The police dont help. There corrupt, I am sure you know that. They have been warned and threatened if they persue anything his family will be killed. He asked for justice for his brother murder and instead they said if he does not drop the case they will kill his family. Plus the cost to continue is more than he can afford. This man his at breaking point, and his at the mercy of anyone who can help him. Thats why I am trying. He first lost his dad, then his brother, His disabled daughter died. Now the threat of his wife, mother and 7 month son. He only found out about his wife been pregnant a couple of month's after his brother was murdered. Thats whats kept him trying to go forward. But depression is setting in, not been able to protect his family is literally killing him. Surely there is a way to apply from Pakistan.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
They cannot approach the UK embassy in Pakistan because they are not British Citizens, they will not be able to assist them and will be turned away. The home office would not get involved and just allow people to claim asylum from their home country to come to the UK.
I appreciate their concerns, but the fact remains that the only way to obtain asylum would be if they were in the UK or had a visa to come to the UK and claimed asylum upon entry at the airport.
If they are not British Citizens then the home office does not have a duty to assist unfortunately. They may wish to come to the UK on a visit visa and then apply for asylum that way if they are desperate.
I hope this clarifies the matter.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If they were British Citizens then they would be ok. So what you are saying is, they come on a visit visa, but as soon as they enter immigration at heathrow or wherever in the UK, They have to claim Asylum straight away? Who do they first say this to? Is it the person they hand there passport to? Would they get the help? He has got all evidence to support is claim for Asylum. But they have no money. It will be very hard for them to raise the cash for the air fares. He has no bank account nor does he own property. Would this be a problem coming on a visit visa? Would it be good if we were at the airport to meet them, and help explain things.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply,
1. Yes that would be something they may wish to do , they just get to the desk and state that they wish to claim asylum. The immigration officer will then take them through everything and they will be asked to submit all their evidences. They will effectively be making an asylum application upon entry.
2. If they can obtain a visit visa there is nothing preventing them entering the UK and then if they wish claiming asylum. But you need to note that there is a risk with this too as they would be breaching their visit visa conditions due to the fact that their purpose is to claim asylum and not to visit and then leave the UK, this would be something that they need to explain to the immigration officer ie as to why they applied for a visit visa
I hope this clarifies the matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You say they can make an application upon arriving.

Or enter the UK on the visit visa and then seek Asylum. But you also there is a risk as they are breaching there visit visa.

Which way is better. To tell the immigration straight away upon arrival. Or

Enter the UK on the visit visa, then seek help?

Is there any other visa that they could apply on?

I really appreciate your time in this matter.