UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

There, My brother who is a UK citizen lives in santorini,

Hi there,
My brother who is a UK citizen lives in santorini, with his wife and has done for many years. His wife is Russian born with a Russian passport, but was granted right to work in Greece many years ago. They got married 3 years ago, recently they have wanted to move to the UK to be closer to family. My brother seems to be under the impression that he can return but his wife, my sister in law will not be granted access. They do not have much in the way of money, as one is a painter and the other.Writer, is there a way that we can bring them home? Can I sponsor them if so how much does this cost? And will my sister in law be granted work permits so she can get a job once here?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
The good news is that your brother is treated as an EEA national as he has lived in Greece for many years and his wife is eligible to apply for an EEA Family Permit under what is known as the Surinder Singh route.
No sponsorship is required and there is no requirement to show minimum income.
See here
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh
Hope this helps