Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

There!i am a british citizen(originally from sri

Customer Question

Hello there! i am a british citizen(originally from sri lanka). my sri lankan wife and child( 4 years old now) applied for uk visa ( 5 year route ) from sri lanka for joining me, back in july 2012. our applications were considered under new rules and initially got refused because we didn't satisfy the new financial requirements. I appealed in uk and the appeals were allowed under the human rights convention. as a result my wife and child got visas under leave to enter outside of the rules. visas were issued on 19/11/13. they joined me in uk on 15/02/2014. their visas are expiring on 19/08/2016. Now i am in a position to satisfy the financial requirements when renewal is due. I have been researching and my question is when we renew can we follow the normal procedure for 5 year route and fill in the relevant application or do we fall under the outside the rules procedure and need to fill in the relevant application form( i learn this way it takes 10 years before they can apply for settlement as opposed to 5 years ) also i have another question. my child was born on 23/04/2011 in sri lanka. at that time i only had uk settlement visa. i got my british citizenship last year. Does my child have a quicker route of applying for british citizenship at all please? your advice and clarification on these matters is highly appriciated. Many many thanks!!!

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there!

thank you so much fo your email. ok i wait a bit longer for an answer. many thanks.

regards,

sulaim

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
Just to clarify you family's visa was issued outside of the 5 year route?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi!

i am not sure if it was issued outside of the 5 year route. on passports it says VISA LEAVE TO ENTER OUTSIDE OF THE RULES. as i had mentioned earlier, appeals were allowed under humans rights convention.

hope this helps. many thanks. waiting for your reply

regards

sulaim