UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My mother (Sudanese) applied tourist visa UK

My mother (Sudanese) applied for a tourist visa for the UK from Saudi Arabia (her country of residence), and after delaying the decision for months (they had her passport for 84 days), they rejected the application, without a clear cause. During this period, she contacted them a few times to obtain her passport but to no avail, and this caused her distress as she missed her sister's operation in the first instance, and subsequently my uncle's funeral as she could not travel as her passport was held by the British Embassy.
I would like to find out what we can do to complain because this is unacceptable behaviour on the part of the British government, and is legal action an option.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No please continue to find someone to assist.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue to look for a professional to answer my query. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I have just seen your question.
Sorry to hear about this. I would suggest that you lodge a formal complaint about the matter.
See here for the complaints procedure.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure
If you are not happy with the response to your complaint, you may take the matter up with your local MP who can raise the issue with the Parliamentary Ombudsman.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience