Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Are you able to advise me on my current situation

Customer Question

Hello, Are you able to advise me on my current situation ? I have summarised in bullet points. I am a U.S. Citizen by birth ( 1957 ) holding a U.S. Passport I have been resident in UK since 1959 I have been educated in UK, only ever lived and worked in UK , married and raised a family in UK I have an " leave to remain in the UK for an indefinite period " stamp in the previous passport to my current one . My current passport was issued in London in 2006 I have travelled and worked here without any problem - until now. I work as a contractor in Financial Services and was recently offered a role by HSBC. While going through their pre employment screening, I was told I required a Biometric visa. I was totally unaware of this requirement until then. I have subsequently applied via form NTL and have had my biometrics taken. On phoning the Home Office, I was told on two separate occasions that I would be able to work if I had a Case number ***** confirmed my application was being reviewed - this has not proven to be the true. I now stand to lose the offer of employment until such time as I receive the visa from the Home Office, and their SLA is six months ! Considering that all I am asking for is a transferral of my previous rights to live and work from my passport to the Biometric I believe I should be able to work, and that is the advice I need from yourself. Are you able to advise me ? I am desperate not to be unemployed and it took me months to secure the HSBC offer. Yours sincerely, ***** ***** Sent from my iPad

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel my question

thank you