UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My question has to do with the Common Travel Area

My question has to do with the Common Travel Area between Ireland and UK. I am currently applying for another UK Visa, but I'm apprehensive now about the fact that last year I flew from Munich to Dublin and then took a bus to Derry, thus entering the UK from Ireland. Background: On the same visa, I had previously entered the UK at Gatwick, then exited the country a month later on a business trip. Then I went back later to visit a friend in Derry then left the UK before my visa expired. I'm assuming that since I had a valid UK Visa at the time I entered UK from Ireland that this is permissible?
thank you for any help,
Michael
Yes, this is fine and I do not see any reason for you to worry about.
As long as you had a valid UK visa while you were in the UK, you are fine.
May I help further?