UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I was born in Zimbabwe. I obtained a UK passport through my

I was born in Zimbabwe. I obtained a UK passport through my paternal grandfather.
I have two children born in South Africa. I need to relocate to the UK with my wife and two children. My older son turned 15 in May 2015 and my second son turned 13 in March 2015.
Are my children still able to enter the UK as my dependants? If so is there an age cut off?
Thanks and regards
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, your children are able to accompany you to the UK as your dependants. The cut off date for them is 18 years so you should apply before your eldest child turns 18. Your wife must also be coming to live with you in the UK at the same time.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. My wife will accompany me. I understand she will need a spouses visa. What will the children need. I have heard entry clearance. How is this obtained?

Best regards

The children will need a child dependant visa, see here for the visa application process and requirements:
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview