UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a question visa application. I

Customer Question

I have a question for UK visa application.
I came to UK in 2009 for PhD study and right after I've got my degree last year I've started a research fellow job in UK. My work contract is 12 months so my Tier 2 visa is going to expire in September 2015. As I'm not going to extend my current working contract so I have go back to my home country China by the end of this September.
However, there is a academic conference in Nov 2015 in London I would like to attend. Also I plan to come back to UK to prepare and sit a UK veterinary exam from April 2016 to July 2016. In that case how should I apply the visa? In terms of what type of visa I should apply for and also how bit the chance of getting an issued visa?
Your help is much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Tina
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You need to apply for a standard visitor visa for the academic conference in November and you need to apply for a student visitor visa to enable you to sit for the exams in April to July 2016.
As long as you can show that you will return back home to China at the end of both your visits, I do not see why you should have any problems obtaining the visas.
The standard visa application process is here
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
The student visitor visa application process is here
https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. But I'm would like to make sure that student visa is the Type I should apply for my exam visiting. As my situation is not fit any of the criterias on the website. I've got my veterinary degree in China already in 2008. The exam in UK actually is not part of my veterinary study. It is more like an assessment to prove I'm competent to work in UK as a Veterinary surgeon. So could you please help me to double check that whether a student visa type is the right one? Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Tina

There is the standard visitor visas and there is a study visit visa and as the reason for you to visit is educational related, I would say you need to apply for a study visit vis.
All the best