UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I just posted a question about the IHS charge and fiancé visa

Customer Question

I just posted a question about the IHS charge and fiancé visa to UK and received an answer stating only visas over 6 mo required the IHS charge, however, the UK.gov website states that I do need to pay the IHS charge (they pro-rate it) can you please provide any references to website, documentation, or sites that support your answer so I have reference when I continue the visa process?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please continue...

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
See here for proof that the surcharge does not apply for visas applied from outside the UK which are for 6 months or less
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/overview
All the best