Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I was refused visa of tier i general,

i was refused for the visa for extension of tier i general, my current visa will be expire in february and i will be five years in this uk in april. pls what can i do now not to overstay?.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
What were the reasons for refusal please?
Kind regards.
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did both employed and self employed in order to meet my target for tier 1general. The reason for my refusal was that my invoices were not submitted with other documents posted to home office.At the beginning I planned to include the invoices but my accountant said it was not necessary. Because of this reasons the home office said my income on self employed is not genuine.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience.
If it is the case that you are certain that you meet the eligibility criteria and it is simply that you were refused because not all the appropriate evidence was submitted with your application then the best thing to do would be to submit a further new application including the invoice that were missed the first time around.
The home office have correctly rejected the application if these were missing and there is no error in law so there is no point appealing at this stage.
A new application will be judged on the basis of the evidence submitted with it, so provided that you correct this then you should receive your visa well in time before your current visa expires in February.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I really appreciate your advice thank you for it, I would just like to know if it's still possible to submit the new application this week as a previous lawyer I spoke to said new applications will not be accepted and this scares me alot

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
If you have received your application back and still have time on your visa then you should be able to submit a new application.
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So they won't hold it against me that I was refused the first time or do I have to state why the mistake happened the first time and refer to it

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
You would be expected to explain the mistake and that it was simply an error of oversight.
If you did this then they should still consider your new applicaiton.
Tom