UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have been in the UK since 01/2004, initially I had a Work

Customer Question

I have been in the UK since 01/2004, initially I had a Work permit obtained through the NHS for 4 1/2 years. I subsequently married in 05/2008. We ended up divorcing in 06/2011. M indefinite leave was issued in 06/2010. My questions are two: first, I was
released from personal bankruptcy in 04/2009. It seems this is a character flaw on the application. Will this and/or my divorce prevent me from receiving a successful citizenship request? I have not been out of the country for >3 months in total for probably
the whole 12 years, and have been employed, either through SASE or PAYE the whole time. Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
As you are a discharged bankrupt, it will not affect your naturalisation application. The fact that you are divorced will also not affect your application.
Good luck.