Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Dear Solicitor Last year I have been married with a man in

Customer Question

Dear Solicitor
Last year I have been married with a man in England.
Now he is forcing me to go back in my country with no any reason. I used to work as teacher of math in my country, but when I decided to get marry with that man I lost my job. I like to work and live in England.
Shpresa Popova
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My documents have been proccesing in Sheffield.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
Has he informed the home office that your relationship has broken down?
Have the home office contacted you about your visa and your relationship breaking down?
Are there any children of the relationship?
Is your husband a UK citizen?
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is British citizen. He has two children from the last married.No home office did not contacted me.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience.
Fortunately, if you are on a spouse visa and have not yet obtained indefinite leave to remain after being on it for five years then your position is not good.
The difficulty is that if the home office become aware that your relationship ha broken down then they willl write to you and advise you that they have curtailed your spouse visa and require that you leave the country within 60 days.
At this point, you would either have to leave the UK within 60 days or otherwise attempt to switch to another visa category.
I assume that you do not have access to significant funds (£200, 000.00) for investment in UK business. If this is the case then you would most likely have to see if you can switch to a Tier 2 General visa but you would have to leave the UK and apply from outside the UK. If you applied from within the UK then the application would be rejected. .
The webpage on tier 2 general visas is here:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview
You would have to find a job on the shortage occupation list which you could do:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/308513/shortageoccupationlistapril14.pdf
If you find a job that you can do then the next step would be to apply for jobs from a sponsor employer. If successful you can then apply provided you meet the eligibility criteria:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility
I am sorry that the options are limited for you though.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do to remain in England because in my country I lost my job and I have not what to eat even one week if I go back.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
If you can recover your relationship with your husband and wish to do so then you can do this and then get him to write to the home office to advise them that you have reconciled your relationship. They will then not curtail your visa and you can stay.
Apart from that, if you do not have any children in the UK or access to signifciant funds for investment and wished to work in the UK, then it would really only be the above described Tier 2 general visa as your only option.
I really am sorry that there are not many good options.
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So even if I find a job it does not work?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
If you found a tier 2 job then you would still have to leave the country to apply for it from your home country, yes.
Tom