Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I am a British national and recently married a Canadian

Customer Question

hi I am a British national and recently married a Canadian Citizen. What is the process to bring her and her daughter over to UK. The daughter is 17 right now.
Category: Immigration Law
Can you meet the necessary financial requirements to sponsor their move to the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

If I am correct its (£18,600 for wife + £3,800 for stepchild) £22,400 which I can meet. They are actually planning to move next in July 2016 and before stepchild is 18 years old.

Ram

Does there hav e to be a delay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no not really. Its just she wants to finish the school term before them come over.

Have you completed the Visa applications?
Will they pass the language test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I didn't complete any visa forms yet. At this stage I'm just looking for advise. Both my wife and step child have excellent written and spoken English. My wife has is working for UPS for the past 9 years. My wife has also previous lived and attended school in the UK before her first marriage.
In that case I would suggest that you make the application as soon as possible for both your wife and your step daughter - they can always delay using it until the school term ends.
The forms needed are here
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk
Please ask if you need further details