Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

My daughter was 19 on the 26/02/2015. She was in full time

My daughter was 19 on the 26/02/2015. She was in full time education until December 2014, when she stopped going to college and gained employment. I notified the C.s.a who put a I hold on the account. My last payment made was 1/2/2015. I have now received a bill for two maintenance charges for periods 23/03/2015 and 21/04/2015 and 21/05/2015. How can this be.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have they confirmed that they agree that she left education in December 2014?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Clare
Unfortunately not, when I notified them that Emily had finished full team education, I was initially told that I may receive a re-bate. Emily started work in September 2014. This was part time in a public house. She was working on average 20 hours a week. She left college, as she was offered more hours at work. She then worked on average 30 hours a week. She joined wither spoons PlC in May 2015 again full time.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When dis she actually stop going to college at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare
She finished before Xmas 2014. Think it was around the 10th, however she did not notify them that she was not going back until after xmas
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You have been caught by the fact that Child Maintenance is linked to Child Benefit and the Child Benefit would have continued until the end of May - because your daughter did not say that she was not returning until the start of the Spring term
To challenge this you will need to have the evidence that she was in full time work from January onwards.
If your daughter will assist then that should be easy - if not then to be frank it is likely to cost more to challenge this that to pay it
I am sorry not to be more positive
Please ask if you need further details