Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I have an australian passport with a indefinite residence

Hi, i have an australian passport with a indefinite residence permit i have been living in the UK with my husband & 2 children for 12 years, my australian passport is nearly up for renewal i would like to obtain a british passport how do i do this?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
What nationality is your wife please?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tom,

I am the wife asking the question who is australian my husband and 2 children have british passports

Leanne

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. If you have a potato and indefinite leave to remain that time ago then you can most likely apply for naturalisation as a UK citizen.
You must meet the requirements contained on the following paid in order to apply:
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/if-your-spouse-is-a-british-citizen
Please note in particular the residential requirements contained in the second set of bullet points.
It is quite expensive but if you meet the criteria that you can apply and after you have received your certificate of naturalisation you can then attend a citizenship ceremony and thereafter apply for a UK passport.
Kind regards.
Tom