ivorylounge
ivorylounge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I have been refused naturalisation because I worked illegally

I have been refused naturalisation because I worked illegally in 2008. is this right?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 1 year ago.
can you please provide some further information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am married to a british citizen and left the country in 2008 after exhausting all my appeals to apply for entry clearance abroad and returned in 2010.i was granted ILR in April 2013 and applied for naturalisation in may2014. I received a letter of refusal on 01sept stating the reason for refusal was because I worked illegally from 2003-2008.they have said I can apply for reconsideration if I think the reason is incorrect. can you help?

You should seek a reconsideration of this decision if they are incorrect in their analysis. It is certainly to your advantage to make such an application in writing - it will often work - it is your further opportunity to deal with this issue head on. Happy to discuss, but please rate positively - thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you pls advise me on how to draft the letter and what to say?

That is a second question - happy to help but please rate positively the first answer - thanks