Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Am on a student visa here in the UK. I met a lady, British

am on a student visa here in the UK.
I met a lady, British born but now based in Australia since she was 9 years.
She visits the UK often and still has her extended family here.
She has no working records in the UK, no tax payments in the UK and no bank accounts.
We want to get married here in the UK but i need to know what i should do OR what she needs to do as well. And what documents we need to bring alone for submission to the HOME OFFICE for naturalisation process and every other necessary advice. thanks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is it exactly that you wish to know - will you be moving to Australia with her?
clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after naturalisation here yes i intend to move to Australia with her
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean you believe that you will automatically become eligible for British Citizenship if you marry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, i know it is a process and for a process there is a starting point. i need to know what i and she needs to do. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not gotten any response yet relating to my questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am still expecting my answer because i will have not gotten and response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Clare,
i really need responses to my questions please. it can all be detailed to me in my email.
thanks for your assistance, hoping to seek for it again in the near future.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my email is***@******.***
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiMy apologies I have been in Court all afternoon somewhat unexpectedlyYour partner will have to show that she - (or other sponsors) have sufficient income or capital to support you whilst you are in the UKYou will then have Leave to remain for 30 months and will be able to work.After thirty months you can then apply for Indefinite Leave to remainOnce you have lived here for 36 months (leaving for no more than 270 days in total) you can apply for a UK passportYou can read more specifics herehttps://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/if-your-spouse-is-a-british-citizenThe fact that your partner is not currently resident in the UK is a major problem and you will need to have another family member as the financial sponsor - unless of course sheis able to meet the capital requirementsPlease ask if you need any further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am a bit clear on your explanations but according to your line "partner willing to show-(or other family member)"- the other family member is it my family member or hers.
Again is she subjected to giving notice at a local registrar, see more at;
https://gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/giving-notice-at-your-local-register-officeFurthermore, you mentioned 30 months. I would like to know the route that applies to as you can see from;
https://gov.UK/remain-in-uk-family/eligibilityLastly, if she can meet the financial requirements would need to live in the UK for some specific number of days, months or years and if she doesn't have the financial requirements and I can show that I can support myself. Will it be possible to proceed.
Best regards.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You need a financial sponsor - if your partner cannot fulfil the requirement then one of her family may be able to do soYour partner will indeed have to give notice if you intend to marry - everyone has toI have given you the details of the route you refer to - your partner will need to live with you for the majority of the time - or at least it must be clear that there is an ongoing close relationship - so you will have to spend time with each other each year - if you wish to succeedClare