UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have my daughter who is a british citizen and only 3 years old. i took her from her moth

Customer Question

i have my daughter who is a british citizen and only 3 years old. i took her from her mother, who is still my unmarried partner but lives in Ghana. i am about to resume a masters degree program this month and i feel it is ideal her mother comes to take care of her. how do I go about it? I do not think i meet the financial requirement as i have only been in full time employment for the last 4 months, after a full time undergraduate degree completed in May 2015.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Your partner may apply for a visa giving her access to a UK child.
These applications are complex and you should get a solicitor to assist with the application if possible
See here
http://www.arshadmahmood.com/family-of-british-citizens-settled-persons/parent-of-a-child-in-the-uk/entry-clearance-as-a-parent-to-exercise-right-of-access-to-a-child.html
All the best