Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I'm currently living with my American husband of four years

Customer Question

I'm currently living with my American husband of four years in Michigan USA. I'd like to move back to UK with my husband, to live work and have children. How should I do this?
Category: Immigration Law
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.How much can you earn if you return to the UK?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure, I have no particular skills and only experience of working in retail. I guess something like £15k pa.
Does your husband have a job he can transfer to in the Uk from the States?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is a manual worker in a factory, so I guess the answer is no.
Do you have any saving s- or family members who would be willing to sponoer your husband
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No savings, by sponsor, does that mean someone who will financially support him? I have an uncle that may assist, but I doubt if he'll want to commit financially for very long.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to go now, but will check later for your advice. Regards
In order for you to be able to bring your husband to the Uk on a Spouse Visa you need to meet the financial requirementsset out here• https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/371437/AnnexFM_Section_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf• This means that the UK based spouse must earn a minimum income threshold of £18,600. Alternatively, if you have savings of £62, 500.00 then you would not have to prove any salary. You can also use a mix of the two. • You would also have to show that your husband meets the English language requirement:-• https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/knowledge-of-englishRealistically you would have to come to the Uk alone and find a job that pays enough and work for three months before any applictaion could be madePlease ask if you need further detailsClare