Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I am a British National and live in Cyprus, intend to marry

I am a British National and live in Cyprus, intend to marry in Cyprus next year, my future wife to be is Sri Lankan, will she be entitled to apply for a British Passport after we are married??
Category: Immigration Law
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that simply marrying you will not entitle your wife to a British Passport.She would have to live in the UK for at least three years before she would be eligibleYou can read more herehttps://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/if-your-spouse-is-a-british-citizenI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare