Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I AM FROM SRI LANKA. HOW LONG WOULD BE GIVEN BAN FOR

Customer Question

HELLO, I AM FROM SRI LANKA. HOW LONG WOULD BE GIVEN BAN FOR A DEPORTED STUDENT AND HER DEPENDENT? AND HOW DO I ARRANGE THE DOCUMENTS FOR A BUSINESS VISA?

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you been deported?Are you in the UK?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI,

MY HUSBAND AND I WERE CAME IN AVR IN 2010. NOW WE AREIN SRI LANKA. MY BABY WAS BORN IN UK IN 2010.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Do you valid leave leave to remain? ie. a visa?If not when did your most recent leave to remain expire?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I HAD THE VALID VISA FROM 2010 TO 2015 AS A STUDENT.

AS WELL AS MY HUSBAND HAD THE STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA. I WENT AND CONTINUED MY STUDIES FROM 2010 TO 2012 FEBRUARY. AND I WANTED TO BACK TO SRI LANKA BECAUSE I MISSED MY BABY TOO MUCH. THOUGH HE WAS BORN IN UK I HAD TO TAKE MY BABY TO SRI LANKA AND KEPT MY BABY WITH MY MOTHER IN LAW. AND CONTINUED MY STUDIES. I HAVE THE COLLEGE CERTIFICATES.IN 2012 SEPTEMBER WE WERE CAUGHT BY IMMIGRATION OFFICERS.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If your visa expired or it was revoked by the home office then the ban received would depend on the circumstances. {C}- {C}If you stay for more than 90 days after your visa finished then you would receive a ban of 1 year{C}- If you leave voluntarily within 6 months of receiving a notice of removal from the home office then you would receive a ban of 2 years{C}- If you leave voluntarily more than 6 months after you receive a notice of removal from the home office then you would receive a ban of 5 years{C}- {C}Where you refuse to leave the UK voluntarily and the home office enforces your removal and pays for your ticket home then you would receive a ban of 10 years. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI TOM, I WILL TELL MY CIRCUMSTANCE. I STOPPED GOING TO COLLEGE IN FEBRUARY 2012. AND I WAS TOLD WHEN I WAS CAUGHT BY THE IMMIGRATION OFFICRES(SEP2012) THAT MY VISA IS SUSPEND IN JUNE 2012. THAT TIME I TOLD THEM THAT I WAS WILLING TO GO BACK TO SRI LANKA. BUT I DIDN'T HAVE MONEY. THEN THEY GAVE ME AVR. THEN THEY PUT US TO THE DETENTION CENTER. WHILE I WAS THERE MY HUSBAND WANTED TO APPLY FOR ASYLUM VISA. THEN WE HAD TO SPEND 02 MONTHS IN DETENTION CENTER. HOWEVER THAT WAS NOT WORKED. AND WE DECIDED TO COME BACK TO SRI LANKA IN AVR NOT THE DEPORTED FLIGHT.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If by AVR then I would expect a ban of two year if you paid for your flight and you left within 6 months of receiving your notice of removal from the home office.If you left more than 6 months after you receive your notice of removal then I would expect a ban of 5 years. Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER MR.TOM. WE DIDN'T PAY FOR OUR FLIGHT. WE CAME TO SRI LANKA IN DECEMBER FROM DETENTION CENTER. DO THE IMMIGRATION SERVICE UK PROVIDE THESE DETAILS TO OTHER COUNTRY LIKE AUSTRAILIA OR CANADA

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would expect that you would probably receive a 5 year ban in the circumstances. There is information sharing with other country's, yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER MR.TOM. IF I APPLY AFTER 05 YEARS BACK TO ENGLAND WITH VALID DOCUMENTS DO THEY TAKE MY IMMIGRATION HISTORY TO REFUSE THE VISA.

THANK YOU

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
If you apply after 5 years then they will take the application in to consideration but they are entitled to take in to account previous immigration history.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THAT MEANS WE DON'T HAVE ANY CHANCE TO COME BACK TO UK.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It means that it's going to be very difficult for you, yes.Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

CAN I BUY A CONVENIENCE STORE AND APPLY FOR A BUSINESS VISA?

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You could try, but unfortunately they are highly likely to reject the application given your previous history. You would have to try and argue that the reason you overstayed was understandable. You would also definately have to instruct a solicitor to prepare the application and arguments. Even then, your chances would be slim.I have answered your original question now.Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi TOM, MY BABY WAS BORN IN UK. IS HE HAVING ANY RIGHT TO COME TO UK. IN WHICH AGE HE CAN COME TO UK.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
He does not have any additional rights to come back to the UK compared to if he had been born outside the UK. However, once he is an adult he will be free to apply independently of you regardless of your breach of the immigration rules. I have now answered your question in excess of the deposit you have lodged.Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANK YOU.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.

Kind regards,

TOm

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.

Kind regards,

TOm