Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Dear ***** I agree with you, but unfortuantely the ECS his

Customer Question

Dear ***** I agree with you, but unfortuantely the ECS his employer did failed. Do you still suggest his lawyer to send a letter to his employer stating that this was unlawful?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Sorry, what do you mean by "ECS"; are they his employer?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Employer checking service.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would still think it's worth sending a letter confirming that you are still in a married relationship and because of that his right to work maintains notwithstanding that his residence card may have expired. The checking service likely just looks at the documents provided and in fairness this was probably only his residence card. Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as we are not married can what term should we use?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, That you were regarded as "unmarried partners" at the time that the residence card was granted and that you remain in the same loving relationship now, therefore the right to work continues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Thomas. If I have further questions, I will let you know!
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****We could wait upto 6 months for the decision. How would my partner be able to support the family?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I cannot really comment on that...
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but could someone else help with this question. I think it's outrageous that he is not allowed to work even though he is technically a European family member and he is not able to support his family!
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that beyond getting a solicitor to write to them there is not a great deal you can do.
I will opt out and your question will remain open to see if there are any other experts who have anything to add, but I suspect not.
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Thomas.Marion
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would like more help please.Thanks