12826847

I'm currently on bail months and it could very likely

Customer Question

Hi I'm currently on bail for 3 months and it could very likely effect my job soon.
what can I do?
Category: Immigration Law
Bail for what please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Section 18 - wounding with intent

OK.
What are you hoping to do about this?
To achieve what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Reduce the time , I'm a contractor for banks etc and I dreading filling out a form where I have to answer yes to outstanding conviction question , could loose my job and 3 months because the detective is on holiday is not good enough! I did nothing wrong and there is no evidence yet I am on bail for 3 months!!

I am sorry but that is just not possible. This is a S18. Three months is actually a very short period of time I'm afraid. There are people who have been on bail for over a year.
The delay is not caused by CID but by CPS. They are seeking CPS advice. That is a standard bail back period.
There is no way of forcing CPS to make a decision any earlier than they are able to do.
There was talk that elongated bail periods would offend against the HRA but those cases involve onerous bail conditions and also bail periods that ran into two years. This would just not offend I'm afraid. This is a minimum bail back period for a serious offence.
I do realise that it is not convenient and nobody wants all of the trouble and worry of being investigated but that doesn't mean they are doing anything unlawful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm to understand you can be charged and bail and not charge d and bailed how can I determine which the bail document does not describe which , I has also asked my solicitors.

Yes, that is right.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second half of the question?