Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Can I make an application Citizenship through my

Customer Question

Can I make an application for British Citizenship through my grandmother who travelled to the UK from Jamaica in 1960 and maintained her British Citizenship up until she died. I have all the relevant papers showing that she was a citizen of the United Kingdom
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
HiThanks for your patience. Where and when were you born? Where and when were both of your parents born?Kind regards Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Both parents are born in Kingston Jamaica

All siblings are born in Kingston Jamaica.

The information received was that a claim could be made based on the decent of the grandmother, as she never relinquished her status as a British Subject and travelled to the UK before Jamaica Independence.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm really sorry, but I am not en route out of the country. I will opt out and leave this open for another expert to answer. You may have to be patient though because your question is quite specialised.Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for getting back to me. Will I have to wait for for someone to respond or will I have to resend my enquiry?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.