ivorylounge
ivorylounge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

Lawyers I am a British citizen originally from Nigeria.

Hello Lawyers
I am a British citizen originally from Nigeria. My niece is 12 years old she has visited UK few times on a visitor visa. I want her to come and live with me. I am applying for her using form
“EEA(EFM) Version 07/2015 Application for a registration certificate or residence card as the extended family member of a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national”
She is presently at home Nigeria. She will be on holiday in Ester.
My question is:
I am wondering if the above form means that I apply for her while she is still in Nigeria
or is best she apply while she is in UK on a visitors visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 1 year ago.
Does she have a dependency on you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In away yes. she is on a wheel chair but capable of duing everything her self around the house ect. I take care of her aducation and send money to another relative to pay her home teaching. Her parent are poor and not able to help her there disable facility where she lives therefore cant access school. So so yes she depend on me for her education,
I see. You can apply for her whilst she is in Nigeria. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
I hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I send my won money home to her, she has a 5 year visitor visa would that help
Yes that would help a lot. That will make the case a lot stronger. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My intention was to apply for her while she is her with her 5 year I should have said that from the beginning
That would have helped. Then yes the application would be stronger within the UK during that period. I hope this helps - please rate positive for me - thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much. I will certainly rate this. thanks again
My pleasure