Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I lived in the UK from 2005 - 2011; during this time I had

Customer Question

I lived in the UK from 2005 - 2011; during this time I had a student visa, until I graduated from University, than I applied for a tier 1: leave to remain, and got it from 2010 - 2012; however, I moved back to Jordan in 2011. My question is what can I do and what are my chances of moving back to the UK permanently?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. You will now have to apply in some category which permits visa holders to live and work in the UK if you want to move back to the UK. Obviously, as you have lived previously in the UK AND lived here, your Immigration record will be available to the UK Border AGency. However, you do not get preferential rights to live and work in the UK based on your previous stay in the UK. Student visas do not count as qualifying years, if you wish to establish permanent residency. Whilst the two years, during which you had a Tier 1 visa WOULD count towards the five years necessary for permanent residency, as you left after one year, you now have to be living validly in the UK for five years starting again to gain permanent residency.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply.Will you be able to help me with this if I wanted to move forward?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. This is only a Question and Answer forum. I would advise you to contact a visa agency if you wish to have help in making an application, or else, just do it yourself. This website does not offer visa application services, I regret to say.