UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have been working years under a Tier 2 (General) Visa

I have been working for 2 years under a Tier 2 (General) Visa and my wife with the Tier 2 (Partner). For company's needs, my current sponsor offered me a settlement agreement, so I voluntarily terminate my contract. If I accept that agreement, I know they will notify UKVI and I will enter a 60-day curtail period. Can I, within the 60 days, accept another employment offer with the corresponding Visa sponsoring? or will I be restricted by the 12-month cool-off period?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
There is no 12 months cooling off period applicable in your case, you are free to apply for another Tier 2(general) visa during the curtailment period.
All the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your prompt response. Just one follow-up, please: For the new sponsoring company, is the process to hire me different in any aspect, if they hire me while I am a Tier 2-Holder instead of doing it when I am in the Curtail period? I am asking because I am really concerned about timings, for example does the start date need to be within the curtail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would need to use the change of employment application form, even if I am in curtailment period?
You do not need to fill in a technical change of employment form as it is not applicable in your situation.
Your new job offer may be during the curtailment period or it may be before but your curtailment period and you may start your new job as long as you make a visa application before the expiry of your curtailment period.
All the best