Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I have met a girl in the Philippines and would like to know

Customer Question

I have met a girl in the Philippines and would like to know if she can come to the UK England with her daughter to live with me.
Here are some facts:-
She is in her 30's
She is married to a Philippino and legally separated for 3 years but not annulled.
She has 2 children a 13 year old boy under the care of the father. A 7 year old girl under her care.
She has a Spanish granddad (deceased) and believe she can obtain a Spanish duel nationality passport.
No criminal record.
Of sound mind and body.
My estimated wage in UK will be approx. £40,000 per year. I own a mortgaged property.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, Unfortunately, this appears to be more of an immigration question than a family law question. There is an immigration law section on this website which you can refer to.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 1 year ago.
Has she made an application?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was always intended as immigration question. I am still awaiting an answer from an immigration lawyer.
Yes. Has she made an application?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, i was wondering if she got the duel nationallity philippine/spanish passports would that make it easier to get into uk. We cant marry as she is already married and needs to get this annulled which is a long and costly exercise in philippines. I thought maybe she could get into uk with her spanish passport. If so would that entitle her daughter to enter uk with her. No application has been made yet.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your partner would have to live in Spain for a year before she could claim citizenship
Once she holds a Spanish Passport then she can exercise her EU Treaty rights to come to the uk.
Once she has lived here for a year she can apply for a divorce here in the Uk
You can read more general advice here
http://cartwrightking.co.uk/news/how-do-i-bring-my-girlfriend-to-the-uk/
Please ask if you need further details