UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am on a Tier 4 student visa in the UK and hold a Qatari

Customer Question

I am on a Tier 4 student visa in the UK and hold a Qatari passport. I have a younger brother who lives in Morocco with my other and is 5 years old. My brother holds an American passport with a different surname than mine as he has my mother's surname and
I my fathers. My mother is planning to send him with me alone to London for a holiday and I would be travelling with him from Morocco where he currently lives to London and then either to Qatar or back to Morocco. What document do I need to carry with me to
be able to enter and exit with him? I understand it is a letter from my mother stating that he can travel with me but what does the letter have to include and is it just simply written and signed or does it have to be stamped legally?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
You should carry evidence that you are the brother of the minor child e.g. Copies of both your birth certificates showing parent details which will show that you are siblings.
You should also carry a letter from your parents giving you consent to travel to the UK with your brother, the duration and purpose of the trip to the UK and their telephone numbers.
The letter may be signed by both parents, there is no need for stamping.
all the best