UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am wishing to apply visa wife to come to the

I am wishing to apply for a visa for my wife to come to the UK to live. She is a Chinese citizen. I have enough savings to meet the financial criteria but I have a bank loan which I took 3 years ago which I pay back monthly, with no difficulty. As I still owe the bank £4000 will this have to be shown as negative to my savings.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
How much savings do you have, and for how long have you had these savings? Are they in a UK bank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have £ 21000 which is in the Halifax for more than 2 yrs but I need £ 18700 to show as savings as the visa does not allow our two pensions to count only mine. If I have to declare the loan as negative equity it means I only have £17000.

You do not need to declare the loan as that is a separate matter between you and the bank.

You should use £21,000 as your savings figure. However, you will also need to show an annual income of £16,600 as your savings are not enough on their own to satisfy the financial requirement.

Can I clarify anything else for you?