Ely
Ely, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
7286322

I received an email from a diplomat by name Dean Graham, from

Customer Question

I received an email from a diplomat by name Dean Graham, from the Cayman Island but working in the West African Sub-Region.
He requested my full personal information including my international passport details.
Before giving any of these, please advise me if he is a genuine representative of your staff and if my information can be safely provided to him.
Please advise me,
Best Regards,
John Treiber
in Toronto
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. What staff is he claiming to be a part of? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello, You have not responded to my query but I feel you have given me enough information to present an answer. You are being scammed. There is a well-known scam where scammers pretend to be diplomats. See HERE. The scripts vary but the scam remains the same. No diplomat would ever, EVER require your personal details. You are being scammed. Finally, if you are not sure, you can contact the Cayman Island Embassy in Canada by phone at 1-613-2371530 and confirm that no such diplomat exists. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!