UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I'm a swiss citizen, my fiancee is of turkish nationality.

I'm a swiss citizen, my fiancee is of turkish nationality. I'm fully employed, tax payer and exercising my treaty rights in the UK for the last 6 years. My fiancee is 30 weeks pregnant (currently on a tourist visa) and we're getting married next week. We want our child to be born in the UK.
We understand that (once we're married) she can apply for an EEA family permit. As far as we've read, this can only been done from abroad through the normal visa application procedure. From a medical point of view, it is not recommended to fly back to turkey, apply for the EEA family permit and flying back to the UK to give birth over here.
My question: Is there any other way of getting the EEA family permit from within the UK or one that does not involve flying back to turkey? Is it true that birth can be covered by NHS once we're married and have the EEA permit? (as my wife, she qualifies though my national insurance (tax) contributions, i've read)
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi nicola, keen on getting an answer even if it involves waiting a bit longer. Thanks.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
The challenge is that a foreign national cannot get married in the UK on a visitor visa, strictly speaking, but if you manage to get married, there is no need for your then spouse to go back to Turkey, her right to reside in the UK is automatic through you and she may apply for residence documentation proving her right to reside here in the UK.
If you get married , she will be entitled to give birth on the NHS in the UK but she may be asked to prove her right to reside in the UK which may be difficult without residence documentation.
Your child if born in the UK will be a British Citizen as you are a permanent resident here.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot. That is very helpful.
Have a great week.