Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I have somebody who want to come to the UK few days.

Customer Question

I have somebody who want to come to the UK for a few days. He is resident in and a citizen of Iran.
The seminar he want to come for is 27-29 November.
Is it possible he can get a visa in time?
If so, what must he do?
He is under the impression he can arrive at Heathrow and get an entry visa on the spot. This seems to me to be a fantasy.
Stewart Reuben ***@******.***
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If he is an Iranian citizen then you are correct. He needs to apply for and obtain a visa before her travels. He cannot travel to the UK without a visa, he would be refused entry and return on the next available plane.In these circumstance he would have to apply for a standard visit visa from his home country:https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa A person should apply for this three months before they travel and it normally takes about 4 four weeks for a decision. Unfortunately, there is little chance of him being able to get a visa in time to travel for the seminar, there isn’t even a visa processing Iran at which he might otherwise see if he could Make an emergency appointment.I am sorry, he has misunderstood the immigration rules. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave feedback.
Kind regards,
Tom