Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Am coming in this country by met rage visa my wife is

Customer Question

Hi am coming in this country by met rage visa my wife is divorce me with out my permision now my visa ends next February me am working Constraction I pay tax how to extend my visa with out her
Category: Immigration Law
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about your question please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you your response am coming London by spouse visa 2013 I leave with my wife 5 month only afetr that she separate me also she say am divorce you she change her address I don't have her address what's solution to extend my visa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My visa ends next February
Has she actually started divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She say already doon
Have you received an paperwork?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Did she say whether she divorced you in the UK or abroad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She say in UK last Thursday I go to court in Holborn I fill the form and I pay 65 pound they say I inform you by post she is divorce you or not with in 10 working days
Have you done this yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes am waiting the next 10 days the answer
Are you working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes am working Constraction 55 hours a week
Are you eligible for any other type of visa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have only spouse visa
Do you have a new partner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
I am afraid that your position is not good.
Even if there has NOT been a divorce you would need the support of your wife in order to remain in the country - and if you are divorced then you have no right to remain in any event.
If you are divorced and did not receive any paperwork then you can challenge it and have the divorce set aside BUT it will still not help you change your immigration position.
i am sorry that I have had to give such bad news. Please ask if you need further details