Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I am a british citizen currently residing in the UAE with my

Customer Question

I am a british citizen currently residing in the UAE with my foreign Wife. I Would like to return to the UK with my wife through applying for a spouse visa Since i do not have a job offer in the UK and i do not have any savings that have been in my account
for 6 months, the only option that i can think of is as follows; i have my own property in the UAE that i can remortgage (through an equity release) which means the bank will provide me with 75% of the property value in cash for 25 years at 4% interest per
annum would this be sufficient to show that ive had a property and that through equity release i have taken the cash required to fulfill the savings amount? The reason why i ask is because since it clearly states that loans credit lines cannot be used as proof
of savings imnot sure if the above would fall under that category since ive seen conflicting answers online thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. If you are getting a spousal visa, there is no need to provide evidence of Savings for your wife. You need to show you have more than £18,600 in income per annum in order to qualify to bring your wife into the UK. However, it does not really matter how much savings you show. the only place in which evidence of savings is relevant is to show that your wife will not be a burden upon the State or require social assistance during the first five years when she is in the Uk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your response
I have evidence of income exceeding £18,600 per annum, but as mentioned in my statement since im residing in the UAE this income is from a UAE based employerMy understanding is that since i will be leaving the UAE to return to the UK than i will need to satisfy the requirement of having a job offer for employment in the UK (which i do not have)
therefore the savings route would be the only option in this case?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. I have never heard this view before, so I will let a different Expert continue to answer your query.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just cancel the question please.
Furthermore I'm very sceptical about the legitimacy of Buachaill as a real lawyer.
His responses were inaccurate.Regards