Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My old passport expired so applied . Have now new passport.

Customer Question

My old passport expired so applied for new . Have now new passport. I want to transfer my eligibility to remain in uk onto new passport what do I have do.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
HiDo you have indefinite leave to remain, or just leave to remain (ie a visa)? Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have lived in this country since 1960 when I was 7 years old but I have never had any or applied for any s tutus but on my old passport it says there no ristrictions
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If you have something “indefinite leave to enter/remain” or similar in your passport then there are two options.The first is simply, you staple your old passport to your new passport and when you leave/enter the UK you take both (obviously, since they will be stapled together). This is generally fine.The alternative is to apply to transfer to a Biometric Residence Permit by applying for a “no time limit” stamp. Please refer to the section titled “You have permission to settle (‘indefinite leave to remain’)” on the following link for information in this regard:https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visaIf they transfer to a Biometric Residence Permit then you can take this with your passport to prove your status in the UK. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave feedback.
Kind regards,
Tom