UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have come to the UK on a Tier 4 Visa with my wife

Hello. I have come to the UK on a Tier 4 Visa with my wife as my dependent. We are now separated, and I am no longer prepared to sponsor her visa, even more so because I'm unaware of her activities and worried about her mental stability. I will write to the Home Office and the Police on Monday, as their guidelines require. After I write them, how long until her visa is curtailed? If she attempts to enter the UK as my dependent three weeks from now, what are the chances she will be barred? I would preferer that she stays with her family at her home country as soon as possible. What are the relevant things for me to consider at this point?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
As soon as you have reported to the Home Office and the Police, you will have played your part and the matter will then fall on the Home Office to act, outside your control. They may investigate and revoke her dependant visa but she may apply for another type of visa to remain in the UK depending on her personal circumstances.
There is no set time period for the Home Office to act within, how fast or slow they act depends on the Home Office entirely.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has no other grounds for a visa here.On the other hand, I would also like to be able to save my marriage, so I also wanted to know what would be the consequences for me if I decided to wait a couple of months before informing the Home Office and they find out she is not living with me anymore.
Your credibility may be affected if in the future you decide to sponsor anyone else for a visa.
You should inform the Home Office immediately there is a change of circumstances e.g. You are not living together as a couple.
All the best please leave feedback