Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I intend to marry a girl who is an Indian citizen. I am a British

I intend to marry a girl who is an Indian citizen. I am a British national. What should we do / fill in, to expedite the process to get her here?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Do you meet the financial requirement and will your fiancee meet the language one?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,Financial requirement as in more than £18k? In which case, I easily surpass it. So the financial requirement is only on me, and not each one of us? She does speak fluent English. Which English test should she take? TOEFL?
Do you wish her to come here before or after the marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which method would be most efficient?
If you use a finacee visa it is a two step process - but of course the real issue is where you wish to be married!The eligibility criteria are set out herehttps://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibilityThe list of Centres for the English test is herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/481783/2015-12-02_-_Approved_Secure_English_Language_Tests_and_Test_Centres_-_Website.pdfand the overview of the process is herehttps://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overviewI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What if I got married in India?
That is on the basis that you do get married abroad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, if I'm reading this correctly, we can get registered in India, she can start application for the 'Join Family or Partner' visa, pass her English test (whilst the financial requirement is only on me), and she will be allowed to come here (for up to 2 years?) once a decision has been made on the application (unto 12 weeks)?
That is how it works, yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,Is she allowed to work here, when she gets here on that visa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,One more question. On application of her visa, is there a time limit on when she should move to the UK? She still has work obligations in India.
Yes if she has a spouse visa then she can work
The Visa lasts for 33 months - but clearly she will need to join yu sooner rather than later
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Clare.My plan is to marry her, apply for a visa for her and work a migration plan for her to the UK.
You are most welcome and I wish you every future happiness