Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am on tier 2 licence our company licence has been revoked but then the home office

Customer Question

hi
i am on tier 2 licence our company licence has been revoked but then the home office send me letter stating that they suspended it from revoked. we can work as usual. the question is i want to see my family i need to travel and come back can i travel? what could be the possible problems if i come in the same status of suspension. thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. If the Home Office have reversed the revoking of the licence of the company your work for, then there are no problems with your Tier 2 visa. You can leave the country and be secure that you may come back into the country. However, I would advise you to find out why the company licence was revoked and what were the circumstances that saw it put back in place.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. You should find out this information to satisfy yourself that the company licence will not be revoked again while you are out of the country. Otherwise, you could find yourself in a foreign country with your visa suddenly revoked again.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Be aware that there is a 56 day grace period after the expiry of a Tier 2 visa during which a former visa holder may remain in the UK to tie things up before they must leave the UK.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
4. Be aware that if your company licence was suddenly lost and you were in a foreign country, you wouldn't be allowed to re-enter the UK upon that visa. So ensure that your company's licence is not going to be suddenly revoked again before you travel.