How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My mum moved to USA about 18 years ago but never applied for

Customer Question

My mum moved to USA about 18 years ago but never applied for a green card or visa. She has lived there illegally all this time. She has recently contacted me to try and get her a UK passport so that she can travel back. She doesn't have a passport or birth certificate. What is the process to get a new passport so she can come back home?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was she born in the uk please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes she was born in the UK. But moved to America 18 years ago. She lives in America illegally now, but looking to come home but needs a passport.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you need to get a replacement birth certificate. She can tell you where she was born and when. Then you can get a copy, for a fee. You can then apply for a passport.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I can get a replacement birth certificate and then do I send mum the documents to America or get them filled in here ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can get it filled in here but then your mum needs to sign it over in USA and post it back
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but when it asks about address history what do I put. As she doesn't have a permanent address here in the UK.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can't lie, you need to out where it is, or you could lie and says its your address.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Related Immigration Law Questions