Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I am wanting to cancel my wifes indefinate leave to remain

Customer Question

hi i am wanting to cancel my wifes indefinate leave to remain visa in the uk she is originally from pakistan and came over on a marriage visa i was her husband and i am a uk national. she has been in the uk for around 8-10 years
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that you do not have the power to cancel her ILR - only the Border Agency has that power if they consider that she has breached the terms of her stay hereI am sorry Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if i was to tell the UK Border Agency that we are no longer married theoretically there would be no reason for her to enter the UK is that correct?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that her ILR is not dependent on her remaining married to you and informing them of the divorce will not change her right of entry