Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I hoping to apply citizenship but on 4th january

Hi-
I hoping to apply for my citizenship but on 4th january 2013 i was convicted for drink driving with a fine and 20 month driving ban reduced to 15 as I attended the driving awareness course.
I tick all the other boxes from the application but this is the only one im concerned about
also this was is my only offence ever.
Is my application likely to be refused because of this offence?
Ill appreciate your response,
Hernan
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello... is anyone there please i've paid for a high priority and quicker answer and there is still no response...
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.I’m afraid that to be eligible for naturalisation you must meet the good character requirements. The details on this are here:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/406368/Chapter_18_Annex_D_v02.pdf Unfortunately, your conviction counts as a “non-custodial offence”, Please refer to the table at page 5 and you will see that an application will be refused if it is submitted within 3 years of the date an offence was received.This means that you must wait until three years from the date of your conviction has passed and then make your application. If you submit your application before this time then it will be rejected and the application fee would be retained and not refunded.If you apply after three years has passed and there are no other issues then you will be approved for naturalisation. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great thanks, ***** ***** convicted on the 4th. january 2013 so 3 has passed so ill go ahead and send my application as there is no other issues either..thanks for your help!