Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

The only British passport I have held is a British Visitor'd

The only British passport I have held is a British Visitor'd passport that expired in 1976. Do I apply for an Extension of a passport to full validity or do I apply for My first British passport?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
If you are a British national you can apply for British passport. You can apply for a first adult passport if you are 16 or over and have never had a child passport.
I hope this clarifies your enquiry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't answer my question. Which of the two do I apply for an Extension of a passport or a First British Passport.. The British Visitors Passport was valid for one year and was issued to UK Citizens for travel to most European countries
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
The British Visitor's Passport (BVP) was abolished in 1996. BVP is not accepted as evidence of British citizenship. If you have never had a child passport and you have evidence of being a British citizen then you can apply for a first adult passport.
I hope this clarifies your question.