frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I'm applying .K. Residence card as an EEA national.

Customer Question

I'm applying for U.K. Residence card as an EEA national. Is there a way or check that home office carries out to find out absence time out of the U.K.?Best Leo
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
If you are an EEA national and a qualified person you may apply for a registration certificate. If you are a family member of an EEA national the document to evidence your status is referred to as a residence card. The Home Office will routinely carry out checks to verify applications.
I hope this clarifies your enquiry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a qualified person in the sense that have been self employed since 2005..My question is, does the home office conducts checks to confirm absences for EEA nationals or they simply rely on applicants info? Thanks
The Home Office do routine checks on any application made to verify information applicants provides.
I hope this clarifies your enquiry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am afraid your answer doesn't clarify my question.What sort of checks do they conduct to confirm EEA national absence in the country?Thanks
The Home Office will routinely carry out checks to verify the information provided in any application. The checks can include but not limited to false representation, employment checks, HMRC checks etc.
If there is a specific concern you have, it may help me provide more specific answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not talking about employment status i have 6 years of self employment accounts as proof of exercising treaty rights, I also own a property in uk.My concern was about the residence requirement and number of days out of the country being not more than 450 days in the 5 year period.So provided home office are satisfied with employment status they won't check with airport the amount of days I have been absent since as an EEA national I don't get my passports stamped when I'm either leaving or entering the country, right?
If you have been absent from the UK for 6 months or less per year continuity of residence will not be broken.
In addition to the checks already mentioned that the Home Office will make, all applicants are expected to sign a statement of truth declaring that they are aware that it is an offence to make a statement or representation which they know to be false or do not believe to be true, or to obtain, or seek to obtain a document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card by means which include deception.
I hope this clarifies your enquiry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.Another question is due to the fact that I'm always been self employed since 2005, and have self ass accounts since 2009, I have only received a letter form HRMC confirming my self employment registration last year, my accountant says a letter from him confirming my self employment activisties dated back in 2007 should suffice the treaty rights section...what's your opinion?
In general a letter from an accountant confirming employment activities is helpful. If you require advice on supporting documents for your application, you will need to seek independent legal advice. This is simply a question and answer platform.
Could you please click on the rate button