frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My wife was granted a spouse visa of 5 year route and

Customer Question

My wife was granted a spouse visa of 5 year route and entered the UK in August 2013. Her visa will expire on 17 Feb 2016. She is going to apply for an extension of stay and need to fill in the FLR(M) form. My question is which box to choose between First period....and Second period....in 2.3 on P11 of 74 in the form?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
If your wife was granted an initial period of entry clearance from outside the UK as a partner of a settled person then the first period should be ticked. If your wife was granted initial grant of leave to remain within the UK then the second period should be ticked.
I hope this clarifies your question.
Could you please click on the rate button.