frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Applying to remain by FLR(Fp) however previous leave

Customer Question

Applying for leave to remain by FLR(Fp) however previous leave to remain was through my wife a British citizen.Marriage is now in tatters. What are the chances of succeeding under FLR(Fp) please?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquires.
FLR(fp) applies to family-based application relying on the exception provision. The exception provision does not apply to separating partners therefore there is little or no chance of succeeding as a separating parent.
The exception does however apply to separating parents who have a responsibility for a child who is entitled to remain in the UK.
The chances of succeeding will depend on a number of factors including whether there is genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a British child who is under 18 years, is in the UK and it would be unreasonable to expect the British child to leave the UK.
I hope this clarifies your questions.
Could you please click on the rate button.