frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I want to apply wife visa from Pakistan. I have

I want to apply for my wife visa from Pakistan. I have been employed from 2011 to dec 2014, earning above 18600. From dec 14 i started working as selfemployed. Now that in year 2014/15 i was employed and self employed part of the year. My total earnings for 2014/15 were £34000. Can i apply on this basis since i was not self employed for full financial year?
Many Thanks
MH
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to address your question later this afternoon.
Thank you for your patience.
Working out the gross annual income from self employment and salaried employment can be complex. The key is to keep things simple. You can combine income from self employment and salaried employment.
Income from the last full financial year or an average of the income received in the last two full financial years can be used.
So the income from the tax year relevant to you if you applied now would be income received from 6 April 2014 to April 5 2015. But you will need your accountant to work out which is from salaried employment and which is from self employment.
You may choose to wait until after 5 April 2016 so that you may use the income from only self employment from the tax year 6 April 2015 to 5 April 2016.
I hope this clarifies your question.
Could you please click on the rate button.