Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Does the home office take article 15 of the universal decleration

Does the home office take article 15 of the universal decleration of human rights as basis where non citizens of UK can use to aquire British passport if they want to renounce their citizenship from their country of birth?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Human Rights considerations are usually taken into account in applications made to the Home Office.
Article 15 does not entitle a foreign national who chooses to renounce his/her nationality to acquire British citizenship. Article 15 simply protects individuals from the deprivation of his/her nationality or their right to change their nationality.
Please note that the acquisition of British citizenship is based on British Nationality Law.
I hope this clarifies your question.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. I understand there are procedures when it comes to the acquisition of British passport. But what I want to understand is apart from been seen as threat to the nation, can there be a reason why someone may be prevented from taking up a British citizenship?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or renouncing his/her nationality?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloAn applicant can be refused British citizenship if the applicant does not meet the good character requirement. ********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for you answer.
I will be glad to know what really goes into "good character requirements " and how it's been determined by the authorities
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Have a look at the good character requirement here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/chapter-18-naturalisation-at-discretion-nationality-instructions
Please dont forget to give feedback.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much.
And finally what's your take on deportation since article 13 of UDHR permit all persons to leave their country to a different country and return 'if they wish'.
Must someone be forced to return home against their wish, and can the state been sue for abuse of human rights since article 30 prevent destruction of all the laws in the decleration?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Deportation and human rights issues are alawys controversial areas of debate. My opinion in these areas depends on the full circumstances.
I hope this helps.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
I would be grateful if you rate the support I have provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
Am grateful for the support.
Was very good
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind words.
Dont forget to rate through Just Answer
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Could you please click on the rate button.