frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Hiya I got married to a Canadian citizen and we got married

hiya I got married to a Canadian citizen and we got married in the uk last year. She was here on a family visa and it was going to expiry at the end of the month. She has recently returned to Canada. To apply for a spouse visa would she need to submit the application in Canada or can I submit the application here in the uk.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Your wife will need to submit her application in Canada because her application requires entry clearance which is mandatory .
I hope this clarifies your question.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Canada a couple of solicitors say that for spouse visa the application form needs to be submitted in uk. The reason for this according to the solicitors is that my wife is not sponsoring me to go to uk. Can you explain why the solicitors are saying this in canada
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife is a permanent resident in Canada with a Pakistani passport. She still have to sumbit spouse visa application in Canada
HelloYour wife is resident in Canada and she was in the UK on a family visit visa. I am assuming you are a British citizen?Your wife will need to submit her application in Canada where entry clearance must be obtained.How could your wife submit her application in the UK when she is not present in the UK and she wouldn't be to make her application in the UK on a visitor's visa.Can you clarify if your wife was on a fiance visa when she visited the UK or on a visitor's visa.Based on the information you have provided your wife can only submit her application in Canada. *******************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Could you please click on the rate button.