frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My fiance is serving an 18month prison sentence .

Customer Question

My fiance is serving an 18month prison sentence for assault. He was told that he would serve nine months origionally. He was then told that he could apply for release after 4 and a half months with a tag in place. We had planned to marry after that date which was march 2016. He now informs me that he is being deported back to romania I am aware that he can appeal but at the time he didnt. He seems to think that once he gets back to romania and we marry he will be allowed back to england to live with me as husband and wife. Is that true? He has lived here for almost 6 years and has trained and worked as a carer.He lives with me in my house.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
It is not as simple as that. It will depend on his personal conduct and circumstances. Criminal convictions and personal conduct which represent a genuine, present and sufficiently serious threat will be considered when reaching a decision on whether to exclude your partner from visiting the UK under public interest expulsion.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has never been in trouble before and has no previous convictions. He owns a property in romania as i do here in england. If he is excluded under public interest expulsion does that mean he can never come back? When will he be told? And if he is not excluded and we marry does he have to apply to come back ?
If he is deported and an exclusion order is in place, he will remain prohibited from entering the UK, while the exclusion order remains in force. If this is the case, he can appeal. If he is deported, he may apply to get the deportation revoked. He will be given all the paperwork. He will need to seek legal advice.
I wish you well and I hope things get sorted.
Please don't forget to click the rate button on just answer.